Due to the human-centric nature and positive environmental impacts, plant-based products such as vegan cosmetics are gradually dominating the market, leading the trend of eco-friendly beauty. Join Beautycare Expo, the Premier Vietnam Beauty Exhibition, to explore the benefits and ways to identify vegan beauty products that you shouldn’t miss in the article below!
What are Vegan Cosmetics?
Vegan cosmetics are products that are 100% free of animal-derived ingredients, including honey, beeswax, carmine, and gelatin. They are also not tested on animals.
Vegan cosmetics are made with plant-based ingredients that are natural and gentle on the skin. They are often rich in moisture, which helps to hydrate dry skin and reduce oil production for oily skin. Vegan cosmetics are also suitable for sensitive skin and are less likely to irritate conventional cosmetics.
How to identify vegan cosmetics accurately
- Products with vegan certification such as Vegan Action or The Vegan Society are 100% vegan products extracted from real plants.
Some products labeled Organic (organic cosmetics) and Natural (natural cosmetics) may not be vegan cosmetics. This is because organic or natural cosmetics may still contain beeswax, etc., and may still be tested on animals. Therefore, you need to pay attention to this point carefully!
Not tested on animals is not necessarily vegan: Vegan cosmetics are products that are not tested on animals, while non-animal-tested cosmetics but with ingredients from animals are still completely normal.
Here are some tips for identifying vegan cosmetics accurately:
Look for the vegan certification logo: The most reliable way to identify vegan cosmetics is to look for the vegan certification logo. These logos are awarded by independent organizations that verify that the products meet certain vegan standards.
Read the ingredient list: If a product does not have a vegan certification logo, you can always check the ingredient list. Ingredients from animals are often listed at the end of the ingredient list. Some common animal-derived ingredients to look out for include:
- Carmine (a red pigment made from crushed insects)
- Gelatin (a protein made from animal bones, skin, or cartilage)
- Lanolin (a waxy substance produced by sheep)
- Tallow (rendered animal fat)
Contact the manufacturer: If you are still unsure whether a product is vegan, you can always contact the manufacturer directly. They should be able to provide you with more information about the ingredients and testing methods used.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you are choosing vegan cosmetics that are cruelty-free and good for your skin.
The Pros of Vegan Cosmetics:
- Safe for the skin: Because they are products made from natural plant ingredients that are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients, they are less likely to irritate sensitive skin and help the skin stay young and full of vitality.
- Rich in natural nutrients: The ingredients that make up vegan products are all from natural plants, such as: extracts from flowers, fruits, various types of plants, leaves, stems, roots, and herbs.
- Animal-friendly and environmentally friendly: Vegan cosmetics only use plant-based and natural plant substitutes for active ingredients and eliminate animal products, including beeswax. In addition, vegan cosmetics are packaged in recyclable materials to ensure that environmental damage is minimized.
The Cons of Vegan Cosmetics:
- Slow Acting: Conventional products often contain chemicals that provide quick results, whereas vegan cosmetics may take longer as they nourish the skin from deep within over an extended period.
- Short Shelf Life: Due to the absence of preservatives in vegan cosmetics, they tend to have a shorter shelf life compared to conventional beauty products.
- High Price: Most vegan cosmetics are priced higher than regular cosmetics, varying based on the brand, ingredients, packaging, and other factors.
Should you use vegan cosmetics?
Today, veganism is not just limited to diet, but many people are also looking for vegan options in every aspect of life. With the benefits and meaning that vegan cosmetics bring to human health and the planet, the use of this type of cosmetics is very popular with beauty enthusiasts.
Using vegan products is a small act to protect the natural environment and is very safe and gentle on the skin. You can choose a vegan lifestyle right now, starting by participating in Beautycare Expo 2024 – the Premier Vietnam Beauty Exhibition – an endless source of inspiration for choosing vegan skincare and hair care products, opening up opportunities for you to connect with leading brands and experts specializing in the field of natural beauty. Not only does it bring healthy beauty from within your body, but it also contributes to positive impacts on the environment we live in.
Vegan cosmetics are not just a short-term trend, but a sustainable way of life. Beautycare Expo hopes that the above sharing has helped you understand more about the role and benefits of vegan beauty products. Using vegan cosmetics not only makes you look charming but also contributes to the protection of our planet.
The International Exhibition on Beauty Products, Technologies and Services – Vietnam Beautycare Expo
- Book your Booth: https://beautycarexpo.com/dat-gian/
- Business Matching(B2B) Registration: https://beautycarexpo.com/dang-ky-giao-thuong-2/
- Visitor Registration: https://beautycarexpo.com/dang-ky-tham-quan-online/
Date & Venue:
- April 18 – 20, 2024 at ICE, No. 4 Tran Binh Trong, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
- September 11 – 14, 2024 at SECC, 799 Nguyen Van Linh, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City.
Hotline: (+84) 28 3823 9052